Monday 3 December 2012

Day 2 of Advent - The Christmas Binge Continues

To continue with the theme, today I listened to Christmas with Tammy (Wynette).
This album is very much of it's time (apparently 1970). I keep waiting for Tammy to sing Stand By Your Man, but that isn't likely to happen. I have enjoyed the use of organ,something which seems to be wholly missing from more recent albums by popular artists. The timing of the music is quite traditional, and the first six tracks were Christmas Carols, for sure.
However, there was a little touch of the commercial and winter nature of a US Christmas towards the end of the album.  A must for fans of Tammy, and for the rest of us, perhaps just nostalgic, with a twist of the Country Christmas I was seeking initially!

My Earworm for today: Silent Night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be moderated before it can be posted on Aussie Jesijames.